"Sulfacrylate" in dental practice
In the treatment of periodontitis, dentists perform a complex of surgical operations, which is called "periodontal plastic surgery." Directly on the results of these operations affects not only the qualification of a specialist, but also the quality of the materials used - drugs, suture material, periodontal dressings.
Successful experience of using "Sulfacrylate" by doctors of various qualifications and specialties, not only in Russia, but also abroad, served as a justification for the application of glue composition in periodontal surgery.
The main characteristics of the glue, which were appreciated by the specialists of periodontal surgery:
- polymerization - up to 120 seconds;
- strength and elasticity; ability to reduce the formation of gross scars;
- adhesion properties to various tissues (muco-periosteal flap, membrane, tooth surface, osteoplastic material);
- ability to polymerize on living tissues, good sealing of joints;
- the possibility of using in hard-to-reach places;
- antibacterial property;
- additive effect;
- transparency (visual control);
- haemostatic property;
- disaggregant properties and complete resorption after 30-45 days.
Due to these properties, the medical glue "Sulfacrylate" is used for the following surgical interventions: b> closing of recessions, removal of cervical vestibules, patchwork, corrective-reconstructive surgery, vestibuloplasty, curettage, plastic frenulia of the upper lip according to Glickman, correction width of the attached gingiva.